It does not apply to pages hosted by other organizations, including the websites of Lila.help partners, or third-party sites. The Website may be linked to the websites of such other parties, but these other parties may have their own privacy policies that apply to their websites. Once you have used any links to leave our website, Lila.help is not responsible for the privacy governed by other websites, and therefore caution should be exercised and the website in question should be reviewed.
Lila.help is committed to ensuring your privacy. Lila.help does not sell or share any personal information that we collect. Personal information that is obtained on our website will only be kept as long as necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. Your personal information will not be disclosed to third parties without prior consent or unless there is legitimate reason in disclosure (see: Legitimate Processing of Personal Data).
Lila.help and your personal data
The personal data that Lila.help collects about you will be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary. We will keep this personal data accurate and up to date, and protect it from unauthorized access, illegal processing and loss.
The period for which we store your personal data will be kept to a necessary minimum depending on the circumstances for which the data was originally collected. For example, if you are a contact person for a local NGO, then we will delete your data when you cease to be that contact.
What data do we collect?
We require personal information for the following reasons:
- Internal data recording;
- To account for online financial transactions made through the Website’s donations page;
- To document applications for records by helplines and NGOs;
- To verify and monitor if the portrayed helplines and NGOs in the directory are in line with GNWS’ guidelines and principles
- To monitor and analyze webpage traffic and interaction and so that we can improve our Website;
- To improve our services and identify, develop and offer new ones;
- To notify about updates, services, and news.
What do we use your data for?
In addition to storing basic contact details (including names, addresses, contact addresses) for the directory, Lila.help processes personal data in the following ways:
1. Use of the Website
In addition, you will be able to unsubscribe from receiving newsletters or emails at any time.
3. Online Donations
If you decide to donate to Lila.help, you will be directed to another website. Lila.help’s online donations services are powered by GoFundMe. GoFundMe has its own disclaimer which can be viewed here. If you provide credit card information, it is transmitted using industry standard security technology to help prevent unauthorized access to or misuse of that information.
After a donation is made, a notification will be sent to Lila.help. If the donor does not decide to remain anonymous, Lila.help may collect the following information when donations are made on our website:
4. Zip code
5. Amount to be donated
In cases where the donor wishes to remain anonymous, personal information will not be collected.
4. Records in the directory
All information that will be submitted in the directory, will be verified by regional representatives. Therefore, we share the entered information with the relevant representatives from within the Global Networks of Women’s Shelters network, to see if the information is correct, and if the information is in line with the principles and guidelines. The public information will be visible on the website, the private information will only be visible for regional representatives and super administrators and will never be shared with others.
In addition, every record in the directory has the right to be forgotten at any time.
Legitimate Processing of Personal Data and the General Data Protection Regulation
Lila.help abides the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) which states that the personal data of individuals is only legitimate in one of the many circumstances laid down in Article 6 of the GDPR. Lila.help will only process personal data if:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Lila.help is subject;
- processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Lila.help;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Lila.help or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms you may have which require protection of personal data.
In addition, Lila.help will only process data in accordance with the terms of Articles 7 through 11 of the GDPR.